[gst-devel] Please check this pipeline (regarding faac)

Yogesh Marwaha yogeshm.007 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 19:11:45 CET 2010

Thanks for the reply. Following is the pipeline I actually tried: -
gst-launch cdiocddasrc track=5 device=/dev/cdrom ! audioconvert ! faac
outputformat=1 ! filesink location=track5.aac

Resultant file is playable by gstreamer (tested through sparklemedia, my own
homemade) but its length is not accurately cauculated by gstreamer, it keeps
on changing as the file is playedback. (Is something like xingmux applicable
here also?). If mp4mux is added to the pipeline (with outputformat=0) it is
played fine and length is calculated/shown correctly).

Amarok (with xine backend) is unable to play track5.aac, it actually even
refuse to add it to playlist.

mplayer (through mediacoder/wine) is also unable to play track5.aac (though if
it is contained in mp4 it plays fine).

Your comments are welcome.

Regards,

Yogesh Marwaha