[gst-devel] rtspsrc can't connect to network camera

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 15:52:13 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Kocsis Tibor <ikt011 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a network camera and i wan't to use rtspsrc to watch live, but
> it can't connect to the camera. The last few lines are the following
> before I have the "not linked (-1)" error message:

it appears some of the elements in the pipeline are not negotiating
proper caps. Maybe you're just missing an ffmpegcolorspace element
between the video decoder and the sink, maybe the pipeline is
completely wrong or maybe you're missing a plugin, but you should get
an explicit message from gst-launch in such a case -if you're using
gst-launch-.

You can understand more about caps negotiation adding the -v
command-line option to gst-launch.

..snip..

> VLC and mplayer can work with the camera, only gstreamer fails. It is
> possible to have some problem with the "PT 100"? For h264 the payload

all the dynamic payload types are supported as specified in rfc1890,
table 2. The value "100" does not have any particular meaning wrt
that.

> is usually 96, but this camera sends the following sdp back:
>
>  medias:
>  media 0:
>   media:       'video'
>   port:        '0'
>   num_ports:   '4294967295'
>   proto:       'RTP/AVP'
>   formats:
>    format  '100'
>   information: '(NULL)'
>   bandwidths:
>    type:         'AS'
>    bandwidth:    '1800'
>   key:
>    type:       '(NULL)'
>    data:       '(NULL)'
>   attributes:
>    attribute 'framerate' : '12.5'
>    attribute 'quality' : '8'
>    attribute 'control' : 'trackID=1'
>    attribute 'rtpmap' : '100 H264/90000'
>    attribute 'fmtp' : '100 profile-level-id=42e01f; Reso=320:240;
> Scanning=0; TVSystem=pal; CameraMode=standard; BitRateMode=vbr;
> Gop=30; AspectRatio=4:3; packetization-mode=1;
> sprop-parameter-sets=Z0LwFJGwUH7AW4KAgKAAAH0gAAw1EIAAAAAAAAA=,aM44gA=='
>  media 1:
>   media:       'data'
>   port:        '0'
>   num_ports:   '4294967295'
>   proto:       'RTP/AVP'
>   formats:
>    format  '111'
>   information: '(NULL)'
>   key:
>    type:       '(NULL)'
>    data:       '(NULL)'
>   attributes:
>    attribute 'rtpmap' : '111 octet-stream/1'
>    attribute 'fmtp' : '111 Mac=08007b889ebe; Model=VCC-HD2300P;
> TargetBitRate=900; FirmVer=010103; CameraSeries=2;'

Nothing awfully wrong here imo. Can you post the pipeline you're
using? Have you tried with a simple:

gst-launch playbin2 uri=rtsp://camera_address

?

Regards