[gst-devel] What plugin elements to implement for a multi input frame/audio grabber ?

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 10:08:33 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:26 AM, goussepi <pgousseau at hotmail.com> wrote:
..snip..

> Thanks i ll experiment with that, and is it possible to connect/disconnect
> different pipelines to each source pads of such an element ? And doing it
> dynamically so a user can decide to change the pipeline connected to one of
> the source pad while the others pipelines keep running ?

A few notes:

- If it's about topologically separated pipelines there shouldn't be
any problems.
- If you need this because of dynamic changes in the pipeline during
signalling phases, maybe the feature is already provided by Farsight.
Check, for instance, at:

http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=farsight2.git;a=blob;f=gst-libs/gst/farsight/fs-stream.c;h=128122221e99f6c80c91583e2eb8cf9ed6d3b58f;hb=HEAD#l298

Telepathy Stream Engine (lightweight relative of Farsight) is the
place where I got to know how the thing works for sink elements
("valve" approach).

- If this still doesn't work, maybe using an input-selector may help
you, but I've never tried it, so take it as "Just An Idea (R)".

- Discussing it on the Farsight IRC (freenode) may clarify which
features are supported (or not).

Regards