[gst-devel] Select input on a v4l2 device

wally_bkg wb666greene at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:00:55 CET 2010

Tim-Philipp Müller-2 wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 12:09 +0100, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:
>
>> No, that's the problem. It's only one device (/dev/video0). I want to
>> select the input on that device, no using another device...
>
> Have you tried the GstTuner interface? (Can't use it from gst-launch)
>
> Set v4l2src to READY state, then you should be able to use the tuner
> interface on it.
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

Some sample code of how to do this can be found here:

A sample can be found here:

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Problem-Trying-To-Use-v4l2src-td973410.html#a973414

Just be aware that it sets the pipeline to READY instead of PAUSED which
worked for an older version of gstreamer.

The ugliness of v4l2 is exposed GST_TUNER and I pretty much have had to add
a new string to look for every time I've gotten a new capture card to test.