[gst-devel] mpegaudioparse warnings

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 15:00:07 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 05:40 -0800, cristiurban wrote:

> I am using Phonon backend with gstreamer plugins to create an media player.
> Adding some code to my phonon backend where I enabled debugging on warning
> level I was able to capture the warnings thrown by "mpegaudioparse" element
> and capture it in my phonon backend in GST_MESSAGE_WARNINGS on the D-bus.
> The function in the element is static gboolean
> head_check (GstMPEGAudioParse * mp3parse, unsigned long head) where it does
> a header check of the audio file and when it finds a bad header it throws
> warnings on the D-bus . My problem is that there are to many warnings over 1
> million messages. If I pause the application I still get this messages from
> the first detection. Nothing wrong is happining with my pipeline but my bus
> message is working hard to receive this warnings. I tried to modify the
> mpegaudioparse to give me a limited warnings to reduce the time consumption
> of the d-bus. I was not able to succed ... any help will be welcome.

Well, you probably shouldn't be posting GStreamer debug log lines onto
any message busses, be it a GstBus or D-Bus.

When you pause the pipeline, only the sinks stop rendering data (if
you're playing back a local file). The rest of the pipeline will
continue to process data until the queues fill up (and block upstream).

 Cheers
  -Tim