[gst-devel] Pipeline gets stuck at PAUSED state

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Dec 13 19:23:17 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 1:12 AM, p-t-r <p-t-r at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed GStreamer 0.10 on an embedded system.
> When I try to run gst-launch like this
>  gst-launch -v fakesrc num-buffers=5 ! fakesink
> it gets stuck at this line:
>  Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

That's a very simple pipeline that certainly should work.

You should give us much, much more detail about your system, how
you've built gstreamer, and so on.

Presumably, if this isn't working, gstreamer itself isn't working
right _at all_ - you should ensure that the core unit tests are
passing in your environment, and if they're not, the ones that are
failing may well give you a strong hint about where the problem might
be.

Mike