[gst-devel] Looking for multi-pads source element

Thiago Sousa Santos thiago.sousa.santos at collabora.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 02:19:40 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 18:08 +0800, Hu, Gang A wrote:
> Hi
> The basesrc only have one pad. I want to add another static pads to
> basesrc.
> Is there any source element which have more than one pads? I am
> looking for such element for reference.
> Thanks.

I'm assuming you're interested in camerabin2 and its 3pad source. I've
been drafting a base class for it lately. Maybe we could discuss and get
this working together?

I've been wondering if it would be good to inherit from GstBaseSrc or
GstPushSrc and add more pads to it. But I prefer writing it from
GstElement itself as we get more flexibility and won't be surprised by
future changes for GstBaseSrc or GstPushSrc.

The initial implementation is already on
http://gitorious.org/gstreamer-camerabin2/gst-plugins-bad/commits/camerabin2

--
Thiago