[gst-devel] Getting remote endpoint from UDP traffic in a udpsrc element

Antoni Silvestre Padrós antoni.silvestre at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 17:13:08 CET 2010

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I found the code you were referring to in the gstrtpsession source, and it
would be perfect when writing a plug-in, however I'm not writing a plugin
but a standalone application so I don't have direct access to buffers
generated by plugins (and in my case inserting a tee and an appsink to the
pipeline would not be very convenient).

In my project I'm using the gstrtpbin element for a videoconferencing
application, when I receive RTCP reports I'd like to know it's remote
endpoint to be able to answer them, as I don't know the address and port of
the stream sender beforehand I should get it from the socket. So it would be
great if the udpsrc would have a property with the remote endpoint info of
the last packet or could emit a signal whenever the remote endpoint location
changes.

I could add these features myself, nonetheless it would be great for me if
my application would be directly compatible with any new udpsrc versions and
gstreamer releases so if you think this feature would be interesting for the
udpsrc plugin I could submit a patch with my changes so it may eventually be
merged with the main code. If so, please tell me which would be the most
convenient way doing it (creating a new property, a signal, ...) and I'll
try to do it.

Anyways, maybe I did not understand well your answer and there's no need for
these changes or there is another solution.

Thanks,
Toni Silvestre