[gst-devel] Problems converting audio pcap using pcapparse, rtpmp4depay and qtmux plugins

shiva varma shiva.varma at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 00:27:45 CET 2010

Hi.
  I have a pcap file which contains mpeg4-generic audio carried in RTP
I use the following pipeline

gst-launch filesrc location=audio.rtp.pcap ! pcapparse !
"application/x-rtp, payload=96, media=audio, clock-rate=30" !
rtpmp4adepay ! "audio/mpeg, mpegversion=4" ! qtmux ! fakesink

Below is the error I get

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTMux:qtmux0: Internal
GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  Please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.
Additional debug info:
gstqtmux.c(1815): gst_qt_mux_add_buffer ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTMux:qtmux0:
format wasn't negotiated before buffer flow on pad audio_00
Execution ended after 300000 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Am I missing on some caps that needs to be added to the pipeline?

Thanks
Shiva