[gst-devel] x264 build 110 incompatible with gstreamer?

Rob robert.swain at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 10:40:27 CET 2010

On 10 December 2010 16:05, Rafael Sousa <rafael.lmsousa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to encode a yuv video to h.264, for this, I installed the lastest
> builds of gstreamer, plugins-bad ugly and good, gst-ffmpeg and x264 (build
> 110). But when I play the encoded video the image is blurred. I tried to
> downgrade the build of x264 to build 85 and it worked fine. There is some
> incompatibility with the gstreamer and x264's lastest build? I'm using
> ubuntu 10.04.

So, you compiled a newer version of x264 and then recompiled the same
version of -ugly that you were using against this new version of
libx264? There may have been issues with newer x264 that were fixed
since in newer -ugly releases or git. Unfortunately I don't remember
all the details.

Regards,
Rob