[gst-devel] problem in rtpmpapay and rtpmpadepay

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 10:07:05 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Puneeth <puneeth.mv at globaledgesoft.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     I m trying to capture audio and encode to mp3 format and send through
> rtpmpapay and decode and playback in the other system, but i m not able to
> listen voice clearly. But it is good when send captured pcm format and
> playback using protocol rtppcmapay and rtppcmadepay.

You'd need some basic sanity check on your system while running the pipeline.

Encoding and decoding mp3 requires more computational power than raw
pcm: check the CPU usage with "top". If it's anywhere close to 100%
you've found a culprit. Possible solutions involve increasing the
lamemp3enc output bitrate, enforcing mono encoding, setting
"encoding-engine-quality" to "fast", getting a better performing
encoder or a system with an higher computational power.

If the problem is not CPU load, I suggest you to get some debug with
GST_DEBUG=2.

Regards