[gst-devel] get GstElement from param

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon Dec 20 23:48:06 CET 2010

Tim,

Thanks for the quick reply.

That is the code I was looking at.  Rather than knowing the type_name, I
want the GstElement* so I can run it back through this same function to get
information about THAT element.

Goal is to enumerate the properties of, say, playbin, and to find that
property 'audio-sink" is a "reference" to an object of type GstElement then
to get the audio-sink's GstElement pointer  and explore it's properties to
find out that the, say, pulsesink has it's sync property set to false.

Alice is in wonderland, walking backwards speaking APL.

Wes