[gst-devel] Synchronising live audio from 2 different capture card

timothe jahan timothejahan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 15:00:57 CET 2010

Dears,
I am thinking of setting up a multichannel live streaming solution using
gstreamer.
Up to now my biggest unknown is the possibility to adjust gstreamer plugin
parameters on-the-fly, and especially one to control the pitch of an audio
resampler. I would need to change it either manually (myself during the
encoding) or via smart algorythm.

Does anyone woule have already done something like that ?

To understand the background:
I want to synchronise the audio from a multichannel audio card to the one of
a video capture card to eventually get the equivalent of a very expensive
video+multichannel audio card.
The idea would be to compare a reference audio channel on both card and
based on the result to speed up (a little bit !!) or slow down the channels
from the audio only card.

Many thanks,
Timothe