[gst-devel] Video and audio speed issue?

Radivoje Jovanovic radivojejovanovic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 00:21:54 CET 2010

Hello,
If I try playing just a sound from my video with following pipeline:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=MPEG4_MOVIE ! qtdemux name=t !  queue !
faad ! alsasink
sound plays just fine and song duration is 38 seconds.
If I play video only using following pipeline:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=MPEG4_MOVIE ! qtdemux name=t ! queue  !
mpeg4dec ! mySink
video plays just fine in duration of 38 seconds.
However, if I play both of them like:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=MPEG4_MOVIE ! qtdemux name=t ! queue  !
mpeg4dec ! mySink t. ! queue ! faad !  alsasink
everything is much faster and the whole thing is over in 26 seconds.
Any idea what might be causing this?
Cheers
Ogi