[gst-devel] Pipeline Crashes when it recieves comfort noise/dtmf packets

Umakant Goyal umakantgoyal1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 07:21:11 CET 2010

Hi All,

I am making pipeline using gstrtpbin, rtppcmudepay, udpsrc and fakesink
elements to receive RTP audio stream from network. Everything goes fine when
i receive audio(pcmu) rtp packets with payload type 0 and encdoing-name
PCMU. But my pipeline breaks when i receive CN (comfort noise) rtp packets
with payload type 13 and dtmf packets with payload type 101. I have tried
lot to ignore these packets but i did not succeed to find out the solution
of my problem. Please help me by telling the possible solutions of my
problem.

I am also wondering why udpsrc element is receiving rtp messages with
payload 101 and 13 because i have set the caps for udpsrc as given below:

media --> audio,
payload --> 0,
clock-rate --> 8000
encoding-name --> PCMU,

As per my understanding if i would set the above given caps to udpsrc then
it should ignore other rtp packets except with payload 0 and encoding-name
PCMU.

Thanks