[gst-devel] Can we use gst-launch to do video capture using camerabin?

Chen, Weian weian.chen at intel.com
Mon Dec 27 14:40:48 CET 2010

Thanks for the information.

Weian

From: Thg. [mailto:thiagossantos at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 8:22 PM
To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Can we use gst-launch to do video capture using camerabin?

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Chen, Weian <weian.chen at intel.com<mailto:weian.chen at intel.com>> wrote:
Hi there,

Can we use command line (gst-launch) to do video capture using camerabin? I know we can do view-finder very easily.

You need to use capture-start signal to do video capture with camerabin, so you can't do that from gst-launch. There is, however, an example application on -bad/tests/examples/camerabin that allows you to use it and do video/image capture from command line.

Thanks,
Weian

Thiago Sousa Santos