[gst-devel] Alsasink problem?

Radivoje Jovanovic radivojejovanovic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 19:27:19 CET 2010

Hi,
I have ALSA driver for my card and it works fine when I try playing sound
through aplay or watch movies through gstreamer, but if I try to do:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=FILE_NAME.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink
it comes back:
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSink:alsasink0: Could not
get/set settings from/on resource.
Additional debug info:
gstalsasink.c(519): set_hwparams ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSink:alsasink0:
Unable to set hw params for playback: Invalid argument
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...

So it comes back that alsa cannot setup correctly even though alsasink works
correctly when I play MPEG movies.
any thoughts?
Cheers
Ogi