[gst-devel] Packets received even after pipeline is PAUSE'd

Rohit Atri rohitratri at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 04:42:13 CET 2010

Hi,

I've a pipeline with the following elements : filesrc -> qtdemux -> appsink.
In my use-case, I collect 'N' number of packets, pause the pipeline, seek
back to a particular packet('s timestamp), and play again.

I've noticed that even after I receive the state-changed message (to PAUSE'd
state) for the pipeline, I continue to receive packets and if let alone I
receive them till EOS(have tested my pipeline with a 40s video only mpeg4
medium and also a two-hr long movie). I'm sure this is not the expected
behavior.

Can someone explain why this could be happening?

Could it be the flush that is done on seek?

Thanks
Rohit