[gst-devel] Example of Video player

citywolf 632992753 at qq.com
Mon Dec 20 03:08:21 CET 2010

I can use the command below to play video file:
gst-launch playbin uri=file:////home/jinkui/Downloads/sample.m4v

but the command below would be error:
gst-launch filesrc location=sample.m4v  ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ximagesink Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/ffdec_mpeg4:ffdec_mpeg40:
Internal GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  Please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.
Additional debug info:
gstffmpegdec.c(2729): gst_ffmpegdec_chain ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/ffdec_mpeg4:ffdec_mpeg40:
ffdec_mpeg4: input format was not set before data start
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

can someone give me a example of video player about m4v files using
ffdec_mpeg4?