[gst-devel] gstreamer gstbasetransform

Federico Paganini black_eagle85 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:51:59 CET 2010

Hi Micheal,

i am following your advice in order to allocate the output buffer. But
i have a problem, I insert my encryption plug-in in a pipeline and when
i try to run the pipeline i obtain a file with only audio track; video
track is disappeared. My pipeline is this:

                                      -->queue--->decoder--->audioconverter-->encoder--->identity--->queue--- AUDIO

Filesrc-->avidemux----
---> mux-->filesink

-->queue--->DES
TOOL--->queue-------------------------------------------------------
VIDEO

I have annex in this mail my gst_destool_chain() function in which i
have inserted the buffer output allocation and the encryption plug-in:

Can you say to me if is correct? Thanks in advance!!!!!

/* chain function

 * this function does the actual processing

 */

static GstFlowReturn

gst_destool_chain (GstPad * pad, GstBuffer * inbuf)

{

  GstDesTool *filter;

  GstBuffer *outbuf;

  outbuf=NULL;

  filter = GST_DESTOOL (GST_OBJECT_PARENT (pad));

  if (filter->silent == FALSE)

  {

    //printf ("I'm plugged, therefore I'm in.\n");

    //filter->process (filter, GST_BUFFER_DATA (buf), GST_BUFFER_SIZE (buf));

    //Calculating the dimensione of the output buffer

        guint padSize = (8 - inbuf->size % 8);

        guint newSize = inbuf->size + padSize;

        guint pad;

    //Allocate output buffer

    outbuf= gst_buffer_new_and_alloc (newSize);

    GST_BUFFER_TIMESTAMP(outbuf)= GST_BUFFER_TIMESTAMP (inbuf);

    GST_BUFFER_DURATION(outbuf)= GST_BUFFER_DURATION (inbuf);

    gst_buffer_set_caps (outbuf, GST_PAD_CAPS (filter->srcpad));

    guint8 startCode[3] = { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01 };

    if ( (guint8*)memmem( inbuf->data, inbuf->size, startCode, 3 ) == inbuf->data )

    {

            memcpy( outbuf->data, inbuf->data, inbuf->size );

    // Doing padding

        for(  pad = 0; pad < padSize; ++pad )

         {

            outbuf->data[ inbuf->size + pad ] = padSize;

         }

        // prepare des key

        DES_key_schedule schedule;

        DES_set_key ( (des_cblock*)filter->key, &schedule );

        //do encryption

        DES_ncbc_encrypt( inbuf->data + 4, outbuf->data + 4,
newSize - 4, &schedule, (des_cblock*)filter->iv, DES_ENCRYPT );

    }

    else

    {

        fprintf( stderr, "begin of frame is not expected start code, dropping\n");

    }

  }

  /* just push out the incoming buffer without touching it */

  gst_buffer_unref (inbuf);

  return gst_pad_push (filter->srcpad, outbuf);

}