[gst-devel] input-selector usage?

Alex Ugarte augarte at vicomtech.org
Fri Feb 5 22:26:53 CET 2010

Hi Tom:
We were trying to do something similar to what you explain here (search for
a mail in the list with subject="Switching between different audio streams
over RTSP stream").
After some trials with input-selector, we have tried using an "adder" with
better results. Maybe this is valid for you too.

Regards,
Alex

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 2:05 AM, GT6 <gt6 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I'm trying to use input-selector to switch between two different sources,
> while not actually stopping the stream. In my specific use case, I have one
> audiotestsrc wave=4, which is just silence, and a "filesrc | decodebin".
> These should be switched by the input-selector. From there, the stream gets
> vorbisencoded and sent to a multifdsink (which is then served as a file by
> my app for people to connect to). The purpose of this is that clients can
> connect to the file and listen to it - as in a streaming radio, and even if
> nothing is playing, the stream will still be stable and not cut off.
>
> But any of this doesn't really matter for the basics:
>
> In this example script, which can be run as is (maybe change the sink type
> from osssink to alsasink or whatever you need), there's a low beep and a
> high beep. What do I have to do to switch from the low beep to the high
> beep? No matter how I arrange the block() and switch() emissions, the second
> beep never gets through. Pastebin: http://pastie.org/790685 and it's also
> attached.
>
> Could someone please be so kind and explain to me in what order the
> block/switch stuff needs to be called for this to work?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards,
> Tom

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for
> Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues
> through
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev

Álex Ugarte Iñiguez de Heredia
Investigador / Researcher
TV Digital y Servicios Multimedia / Digital TV and Multimedia Services

Vicomtech - Visual Interaction Communication Technologies
Mikeletegi Pasealekua, 57 - Parque Tecnológico
20009 Donostia - San Sebastián - Spain
Tel: +[34] 943 30 92 30
Fax: +[34] 943 30 93 93
e-mail: augarte at vicomtech.org