[gst-devel] reading directly from file - is against policy of gstreamer?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Feb 6 16:38:21 CET 2010

Am 01.02.2010 18:26, schrieb Michael Joachimiak:
> Hi,
> In my plugin I have so many parameters that it would be suitable for me
> to store all of them in the config file on disk(say xml file).
> During init the plugin would read the conf file which name would be
> given as a property.

What about making use of the GstPreset interfeace. Implement that in your plugin
and you are set. If you don't override the default implementation, it will use
GKeyfile (ini type of files for the presets).

I'd really like to have a way to select presets from gst-launch as well. There
are related TODO comments in the source.

Stefan