[gst-devel] Simulating a video camera with a file

katarina.balac at usi.ch katarina.balac at usi.ch
Tue Feb 9 18:02:55 CET 2010

Hello,

I am trying to read raw video data from a file and then encode it using theora encoder. I would like to use standard test videos such as these:
http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/  (uncompressed YUV4MPEG, says it is the format accepted by the Theora encoder tools)
http://trace.eas.asu.edu/yuv/

I have tried with a pipeline like this: filesrc | ffmpegcolorspace | theoraenc | oggmux | filesink and the videos from the links above but I am getting the Error: not negotiated.

Everything works if I substitute the file source with the test source videotestsrc or a webcam v4l2src but this does not allow me to use standard test videos.
Is something missing in my pipeline or am I using the wrong format?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Katarina