[gst-devel] Simulating a video camera with a file

katarina.balac at usi.ch katarina.balac at usi.ch
Wed Feb 10 21:39:27 CET 2010

Sure, this type of file can not be played. I was actually hoping that, because it is raw video data, there would be a way to connect the file directly to theora encoder without decoding it first. So this can not be done? In that case I guess I will have to use files of a different format and decode them first with decodebin, as you suggested.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Katarina

> Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, this returns the error
> ERROR: from element
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind:
> Could not determine type of stream
> Is there anything else I can try?

I would focus on just trying to play it first. I tried the first file,
akiyo.yuv with a few different programs to no avail. It doesn't have any
header info as it appears to just be raw video data. You could try setting a
capsfilter with different caps, i.e.
gst-launch -v filesrc ! video/x-raw-yuv, .... ! decodebin ! xvimagesink
but i'm not sure how this will work since I don't think the files have a
fourcc.

Good luck,
Tristan

> Thanks,
> Katarina
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to read raw video data from a file and then encode it using
> > theora encoder. I would like to use standard test videos such as these:
> > http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/  (uncompressed YUV4MPEG, says it is
> the
> > format accepted by the Theora encoder tools)
> > http://trace.eas.asu.edu/yuv/
> >
> > I have tried with a pipeline like this: filesrc | ffmpegcolorspace |
> > theoraenc | oggmux | filesink and the videos from the links above but I
> am
> > getting the Error: not negotiated.
> >

> Try:
> filesrc ! decodebin | ffmpegcolorspace | theoraenc | oggmux | filesink
>
> decodebin is an element to "Autoplug and decode to raw media"
>
> -Tristan

Tristan Matthews
email: tristan at sat.qc.ca
web: http://tristanswork.blogspot.com

End of gstreamer-devel Digest, Vol 45, Issue 16