[gst-devel] Upcoming releases: -ugly, -bad and core, -base, -good again

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Feb 11 11:31:00 CET 2010

Hi,

now that we got core, -base and -good releases out of the way, here's
the plan for the next few weeks:

- gst-plugins-ugly and -bad git will freeze for
  releases very soon; if there is anything you
  want to get in or bugs that you think should
  be looked at before the release, comment on
  them now, or mark them as blocker if they are
  blockers.

- gst-plugins-good will stay frozen, so that we
  can move plugins from -bad to -good

- we'll keep core and -base git frozen for commits
  and do another set of core/base releases with
  the other plugin module releases at the end of
  the month. This is so we can move the ivorbis
  stuff from -bad to -base and in order to maybe
  do some more essential bug-fixing in core/base
  for things that may come up with yesterday's
  releases.

- non-critical additions to core/base/good may
  be acceptable in the next few days (once we
  still should go through bugzilla though.

- all of core/base/good/ugly/bad released in the
  last week of February then

Also see:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/ReleasePlanning2010

 Cheers