[gst-devel] glimagesink example in Python ?

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Mon Feb 15 07:55:21 CET 2010

Hello everyone,
I'll be more specific in my question, especially since I have done
some more progress today.

I have created a OpenGL-enabled drawing area and I can see the live
video feed in it. Neat. Now, I need to set the client-draw-callback of
the glimagesink element in my pipeline to a Python callback I define
in my application. This is to be able to draw the image in different
way than the default one. The tests/examples/generic/cube example in
gst-plugins-gl illustrates this in C. In Python, passing it a Python
callback throws an error. See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1834990/pygst-glimagesink-callback
for a report of this problem.

To try out the pipeline I am building, see
http://bitbucket.org/aalex/toonloop1/src/8dd3fb06d81e/proto/gstgltest.py
Try uncommenting the line 96, and it fails.
I guess we should use ctypes or some kind of C-Python tool to overcome this?
There is probbly something that could be done in the element's C code
to fix this for every Python user at once.

Thank you !

Alexandre

2010/2/14 Alexandre Quessy <alexandre at quessy.net>:
> Hello everyone,
> I am looking for an example of using glimagesink in Python with a GTK
> window and drawing area.
>
> My final objective is to create a pipeline containing an inputselector
> in order to be able to switch from several v4l2src or other video
> sources. For now though, a minimal example would be best. I want to
> change the dimension and position of the texture that's drawn.
>
> Can anyone point me to such a minimal example ?
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Alexandre Quessy
> http://alexandre.quessy.net

Alexandre Quessy