[gst-devel] Installation error

Clark, Rob rob at ti.com
Sun Feb 21 00:54:18 CET 2010

On Dec 11, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Stefan Kost wrote:

> Am 10.12.2009 16:38, schrieb Mailing List SVR:
>> In data giovedì 10 dicembre 2009 14:34:06, Mailing List SVR ha scritto:
>> : > Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm experiencing this installation error:
>>>
>>> root at beagleboard:~/gstreamer/gstreamer-0.10.25# ./configure --disable-debug
>>> -- disable-gst-debug --prefix=/opt/gstreamer/
>>>
>>> Configuration
>>>        Version                    : 0.10.25
>>>        Source code location       : .
>>>        Prefix                     : /opt/gstreamer
>>>        Compiler                   : gcc
>>>        Package name               : GStreamer source release
>>>        Package origin             : Unknown package origin
>>>
>>>        Documentation (manuals)    : no
>>>        Documentation (API)        : no
>>>
>>>        Debug Logging              : no
>>>        Pipeline XML load/save     : yes
>>>        Command-line parser        : yes
>>>        Option parsing in gst_init : yes
>>>        Tracing subsystem          : yes
>>>        Allocation tracing         : yes
>>>        Plugin registry            : yes
>>>        Plugin support             : yes
>>>        Network support            : yes
>>>        Unit testing support       : yes
>>>
>>>        Debug                      : no
>>>        Profiling                  : no
>>>
>>>        Building examples          : yes
>>>        Building test apps         : yes
>>>        Building tests that fail   : no
>>>
>>> root at beagleboard:~/gstreamer/gstreamer-0.10.25# make
>>> Making all in pkgconfig
>>> Making all in gst
>>> Making all in parse
>>>  CC    lex._gst_parse_yy.o
>>> ./grammar.y: conflicts: 37 shift/reduce, 5 reduce/reduce
>>
>> the file grammar.tab.c is not created why?
>>

>>> make[4]: *** [grammar.tab.c] Error 141
>>> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
>>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>>
>>> I'm building on arm
>>>
>>> what's wrong?
>>>

> what versions of bison and flex do you have, are they sufficiently up to date
> and working?
>
> ensonic at hoshi:~:> bison --version
> bison (GNU Bison) 2.3
> ensonic at hoshi:~:> flex --version
> flex 2.5.35

fwiw, I get the exact same error building on ARM..

on my desktop (where I have flex v2.5.35), it builds fine.  So I'm not entirely sure if it is about flex version, or some problem w/ flex/bison on ARM?

ai at TouchBook:~/src/gstreamer$ bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 2.3
ai at TouchBook:~/src/gstreamer$ flex --version
flex 2.5.31