[gst-devel] Playbin unable to play http stream

Debsu debojyoti.pal at wipro.com
Tue Feb 23 08:27:45 CET 2010

I was trying on another m/c, where soup htp src element is avaiable, but when
I tried to display the file:
gst-launch-0.10 -v playbin uri=http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9lKUwBCIBzA/default.jpg

I am getting the following errors:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = text/html
ERROR: from element /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9lKUwBCIBzA/default.jpg": Proxy Authentication
Required
Additional debug info:
gstsouphttpsrc.c(980): gst_soup_http_src_parse_status ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
407 Proxy Authentication Required
** Message: don't know how to handle text/html
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = NULL
FREEING pipeline ...

But the http_proxy has already set, and when we tried to use curl from
command line, we can easily fetch that jpg file.
Regards,
Deb