[gst-devel] Playbin unable to play http stream

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 10:35:01 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 21:54 -0800, Debsu wrote:

> Thanks a lot for pointing out the problem, I checked that http src
> plugins is not installed. But when I was trying to configure my
> gst-plugins-bad-0.10.11, each time it was saying that neonhttpsrc
> would not be built, could you please tell me what exactly I should do?

The souphttpsrc plugin is prefered anyway.

In order to build the neon plugin you will need libneon and the libneon
development headers and files installed (the package is usually called
something like libneon-dev or neon-devel or similar). This needs to work
from the command line and show a version between 0.26.0 and 0.29.99

  pkg-config --modversion neon

If that doesn't work, look if there's a neon.pc file on your system
(usually in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ or /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/). If no,
you need to find the package to install that. If yes, you may need to
set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to point to the directory
with the neon.pc file before running pkg-config and/or ./configure.

Cheers
 -Tim