[gst-devel] Conditional linking of audiosink element in pipeline

Babineau, Denis Denis.Babineau at GTECH.COM
Wed Feb 24 13:34:50 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm building the following pipeline with the decodebin element (I'm not
using playbin because the src may change):

filesrc -> decodebin <sig> videosink <sig> audiosink

Where videosink and audiosink are connected via the pad-added signal of
decodebin. Videosink and audiosink are bins containing the following
elements respectively:

ffmpegcolorspace -> customvideosink

queue -> audioconvert -> customaudiosink

I add all the elements to the pipeline, then link (except what gets
linked by signals), then I set the state to playing. This works when I
play a video with audio, but if the video doesn't contain an audio
stream, it seems that the pipeline stalls, if I don't add the audiosink
elements to the pipeline it works. I'm assuming I have to somehow add
the audiosink elements to the pipeline on the fly? What is the proper
way of doing this? It seems I can't just add the elements on the fly in
the signal handler while the state is playing?

Thanks

Denis

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email are confidential
and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you receive this
email in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify us either by email, telephone or fax. You should not copy,
forward, or otherwise disclose the content of the email.