[gst-devel] music visualization

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Feb 26 09:12:16 CET 2010

Am 26.02.2010 06:25, schrieb cppb:

> hi I am trying to visualize a music file in gstreamer using the following
> command:
>

> gst-launch filesrc location=file.mp3 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! tee
> name=myT myT. ! queue ! autoaudiosink myT. ! queue ! goom ! colorspace !
> autovideosink
>

> But I get this error : "There may be a timestamping problem, or this
> computer is too slow."
>
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
> Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
> New clock: GstAudioSinkClock
> WARNING: from element
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstDshowVideoSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-dshowvideo:
> A lot of buffers are being dropped.
> Additional debug info:
> ..\Source\gstreamer\libs\gst\base\gstbasesink.c(2572):
> gst_base_sink_is_too_late ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstDshowVideoSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-dshowvideo:
> There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.
> ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0

Try to run that as gst-launch -v to see the formats the elements agree on. If it
needs conversion its always slower that it could be. E.g. having
ffmpegcolorspace (I assume above is a typo and you were using ffmpegcolrospace)
is fine as long as it is not running. Would be interesting to see resolution and
fps on the sink side. Also what is the CPU load when you have this running?

> Assuming this is something to do with the thread,  I tried the following
> command:
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=file.mp3 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! tee
> name=myT
> { ! queue ! autoaudiosink } { tee. ! queue ! goom ! colorspace !
> autovideosink }

Thsi is 0.8 syntax, the first pipeline was fine.

Stefan