[gst-devel] Performance of seeking in playbin2
t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 12:26:12 CET 2010
On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 03:10 -0800, wl2776 wrote:
> I've noticed, that seeking in playbin2 is very slow, either in Totem, or in
> my application. Is there any way to improve it?
That's hard to say without more information. Seeking performance seems
fine to me both in totem on the desktop and on embedded devices like the
- what kind of computer/platform is this on? (desktop? embedded device?)
- what type of file are you trying to seek in? (avi, mov, mpeg..)
- is the file you are seeking in local? (and a file:/// URI?)
- what demuxer is used? (GStreamer's? A third party demuxer?)
- what decoders are used? (GStreamer or third party?)
- what audio and video sinks are being used/configured?
- are you doing a FLUSH | KEY_UNIT seek?
> Or, will I get any benefit, if I'll try to create my own pipeline instead of
More information about the gstreamer-devel