[gst-devel] Android: gstreamer + libnice

Vivek Bardia bardia.vivek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:29:46 CET 2010

Hello,

I am working on  Gstreamer in Android.

I have taken the reference codes from here:
http://groups.google.com/group/prajnashi and
http://code.google.com/p/rowboat/

I have been able to extend the plugins supported in the above code and added
support for quite a few plugins like rtpbin and rtsp.* I also intend to
bring in the libnice library along with the nice gstreamer plugins into the
Android build, is it possible?*

*I want to do streaming and require help with respect to the use of ICE
standard based libraries and gstreamer plugins. Libnice > nicesrc and
nicesink. This would solve the NAT related issues. I do not intend to use
Farsight in Android.*

Could anyone help me out as to where nice plugins are used in the gstreamer
application and how to use them, and what is its relevance. * Are there any
sample gst apps using nice plugins to check with RTP streaming.*

I am also in the process of upgrading the gstreamer version in the android
framework to 0.10.24.

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek