[gst-devel] playbin GST_STATE_PLAYING but clock doesn't change

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 00:32:12 CET 2010

hi,
I'm still hacking away at trying to get a playbin to work properly in
one of my apps.  As described before, the code works fine in one app
but not another.  What I've been doing is looking through the gst
source code trying to find where things could possibly go wrong and I
have to admit I'm a bit lost.  Here are the questions I have right
now:

1) My playbin is successfully reporting a state change to
GST_STATE_PLAYING.  Should I expect the GstClock associated with this
GstElement to at this point be changing its time?  Currently it's not.
 It's reporting a time of 0 and nothing else.

2) What call actually triggers the clock to start and media to start
playing?  Is there a particular source file/function I can look at to
try and debug this?

thanks,
wes