[gst-devel] Mixing starting/stopping/disconnecting sources: multiqueue + freeze?

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 18:19:05 CET 2010

Hi

> For the moment, we are looking for live seamless (low-
> latency) cutting and fading between sources. If I understand the
> GNonLin documentation correctly, this is not possible with GNonLin
> specifically. Correct?

low level gnonlin elements will let you do file-based compositing
(i.e. defining portions of media to feed to the pipeline, such as e.g.
second 2 to 16 from a video file) with the gstreamer approach, but it
is not live performance oriented.

For live compositing/switching, you have two options as far as i know:
* the lagacy videomixer [1], which might let you overlay multiple AYUV streams
* gst-plugins-gl's glmosaic plugin [2], which is an example of
opengl-based compositing in gstreamer. It can be used as a starting
point to create a video mixer

There used to be a "switcher" element, but i don't know why it disappeared.

[1] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/0.10.1/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-videomixer.html
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-gl/tree/gst/gl/gstglmosaic.c

Florent