[gst-devel] gstreamer-devel Digest, Vol 43, Issue 49

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Jan 2 22:51:16 CET 2010

Am 31.12.2009 21:22, schrieb sreerenj b:

>     > ------------------------------
>     >
>     > Message: 3
>     > Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:33:26 +0200
>     > From: Stefan Kost <ensonic at hora-obscura.de
>     <mailto:ensonic at hora-obscura.de>>
>     > Subject: Re: [gst-devel] gstreamer clock
>     > To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
>     >        <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>     <mailto:gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>>
>     > Cc: sreerenj b <bsreerenj at gmail.com <mailto:bsreerenj at gmail.com>>
>     >
>     > Am 30.12.2009 08:19, schrieb sreerenj b:
>     > >
>     > > HI,
>     > >
>     > > Is there any way to get some signal or tick from the pipeline
>     depending
>     > > upon the data transferd?(For example, suppose if i change the
>     streaming
>     > > server playback rate to twice the actual rate,then i should
>     needs to get
>     > > some identification from pipeline in each second or in  some
>     periodic
>     > > manner.)
>     >
>     > You could use gst_clock_new_periodic_id() together with a
>     > gst_clock_id_wait() or
>     > gst_clock_id_wait_async()
>     >
>     > Stefan
>     >
>     > > --
>     > > Sreerenj B
>     > > bsreerenj at gmail.com <mailto:bsreerenj at gmail.com>
>     <mailto:bsreerenj at gmail.com <mailto:bsreerenj at gmail.com>>
>     > > mob: +91 9739469496
>     > >
>     > >
>     >

>   Hi ,
>
>    I captured the GstClockID of the pipeline in streaming-server
>
>  *id=gst_clock_new_periodic_id(media->media->pipeline->clock,start_time,interval);
>
> *And  then setted up the asynchronous  callback using the following.
>
> *gst_clock_id_wait_async(id,(GstClockCallback *)TickCallback,"Tick
> sending");*
>
> but  evenif i "stopped" or "paused" the client side player , i am
> getting the callback " TickCallback" in the server side on specified
> intervals!!!!!!! I take the clock of the pipeline currently running, but
> why i am getting this call back even i stopped the pipeline?Is there any
> way to rectify this?
>
> I setted up these settings in
> *gst-rtsp-server/gst/rtsp-server/rtsp-client.c* ...inside the
> *handle_play()* function.
>

>     sreerenj

At first please at least edit the digest when replying. It would be nice if you
could turn off the digets feature for your subscription if you can participating
the discussions or ask questions.

If you set the pipeline to READY or NULL, the callback should not be called
anymore. Are you sure its still called? If so try to make a small example and if
its reproducable tehre , file a  bug and attach the example.

Stefan