[gst-devel] shout2send socket timeout

Leon Bogaert leon at tim-online.nl
Thu Jan 7 21:55:34 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm building a web jukebox with gstreamer/shout2send as a backend. I'm using playbin2 and add shout2send as an output sink.
But sometimes no one has voted (yet) so I pause the pipeline, else it would reacht the eos signal.

But if I pause the pipeline the connection with icecast gets dropped after a couple of seconds. I see this in the icecast logs:

  [2010-01-07  21:08:44] WARN source/get_next_buffer Disconnecting source due to socket timeout
  [2010-01-07  21:08:44] INFO source/source_shutdown Source "/bin/icecream.py" exiting

Can I do something to prevent breaking? I've discussed it with __tim in the #gstreamer channel last night and came up with a couple of posibilities:
 - use an appsrc:// uri and use "audiotestsrc wave=silence " to send
 - use a file with encoded silence and loop that until the next uri

But does anyone have any other propositions?

Thanks in advance!

Leon