[gst-devel] Help needed on changing frequencies of equalizer

Yogesh Marwaha yogeshm.007 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 06:43:33 CET 2010

2010/1/7 Maarten Bosmans <mkbosmans at gmail.com>:
> I'm not sure I quite follow you.
>
> You can just choose either system of 10 bands and set the
> centerfrequencies of the bands in the GStreamer equalizer to those
> frequencies. You can then fix the bandwidth, or better yet, fix the
> Q-factor of each band to a reasonable value.
>
> In every graphic equalizer there is some overlap between the bands,
> that's no problem.
>
> Maarten
It is centerfrequency which is troubling me. Take, for example,
upper frequency bands of winamp's equalizer (70, 180, 320,
600, 1k, 3k, 6k, 12k, 14k, 16k). For the top-most band (16k),
I would use a bandwidth of 2000, which means 15000 - 17000,
then, what about those above 17000? To cover up all frequencies
I will have to use a bandwidth of 8000 with centerfrequency of
16000 (12000 - 2000).
I could not find any documentation about Q-factor of band. What
is it? Any details about that?

Regards,