[gst-devel] Question on how to use GstBuffer?

Chen, Weian weian.chen at intel.com
Sat Jan 9 11:24:07 CET 2010

Thanks a lot for your information/suggestion.

And I have made some experiments, and found that: I have to create new GstBuffer for every gst_pad_push() in _chain(), once the GstBuffer is used, it could not push data to downstream element successfully, the pipeline still keeps running, but the data in GstBuffer can’t be written into file.

Please note, I mean I need to create GstBuffer for each call of _chain(), but not the real buffer which will contain real data (GstBufer’s member variable ->data will point this buffer)

What’s the problem?

thanks,
Weian