[gst-devel] Releases!

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 14 02:09:57 CET 2010

Hi all,

looks like we lost track of our release schedule a bit over the
holidays: core/-base are way overdue and most other modules could also
do with a release.

To catch up, I propose the following:

 18 Jan - core/base/good freeze
    ... - prereleases
  8 Feb - core/base 0.10.26, good 0.10.18 releases
 10 Feb - core/base thaw, good stays frozen
  1 Feb - good/ugly/bad plugin move window opens
  8 Feb - bad/ugly/ffmpeg freeze, good still frozen
    ... - prereleases
 22 Feb - good 0.10.19, bad 0.10.18, ugly 0.10.14,
          and gst-ffmpeg 0.10.10 releases
 24 Feb - good/bad/ugly/ffmpeg thaw

There'll most likely also be gst-python/gnonlin/etc. releases.

There will only be a -good release in the second cycle if there are
plugin moves into -good from -bad or -ugly. We need to make a -good
release alongside the new gst-plugins-base because of changes in
oggdemux that trigger a bug in the last released version of flacdec.

If there are no objections, we'll start with the first round of freezes
at the beginning of next week. Hope you're all excited yet!

Until then happy hacking.

 Cheers
   -Tim