[gst-devel] input-selector usage?

GT6 gt6 at gmx.net
Sat Jan 23 02:05:20 CET 2010

Hello there,

I'm trying to use input-selector to switch between two different
sources, while not actually stopping the stream. In my specific use
case, I have one audiotestsrc wave=4, which is just silence, and a
"filesrc | decodebin". These should be switched by the input-selector.
 From there, the stream gets vorbisencoded and sent to a multifdsink
(which is then served as a file by my app for people to connect to). The
purpose of this is that clients can connect to the file and listen to it
- as in a streaming radio, and even if nothing is playing, the stream
will still be stable and not cut off.

But any of this doesn't really matter for the basics:

In this example script, which can be run as is (maybe change the sink
type from osssink to alsasink or whatever you need), there's a low beep
and a high beep. What do I have to do to switch from the low beep to the
high beep? No matter how I arrange the block() and switch() emissions,
the second beep never gets through. Pastebin: http://pastie.org/790685
and it's also attached.

Could someone please be so kind and explain to me in what order the
block/switch stuff needs to be called for this to work?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Tom