[gst-devel] Help needed to reduce unusually high CPU utilization in v4l2src, caused by memory copy.

Yiliang Bao yiliangb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 02:24:23 CET 2010

Hi Gibro,

Thanks for the kind reply. Even I remove the memcpy in v4l2src, the overhead
is still there. I guess the overhead is just shifted to another stage that
consumes the data. I found the problem was with the coherent buffer used in
the driver, since the v4l2 driver I am investigating uses the buffer queue
defined in videobuf-dma-contig.c. After I replace the coherent buffers with
streaming buffers, the problem goes away.

One correction to my previous email. The memory should "contiguous" instead
of "contingent"

Best regards,
Yiliang