[gst-devel] Lost metadata in pipeline.

Francis Rammeloo francis.rammeloo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:59:21 CET 2010

I have created a pipeline that converts multi-track WMV files into MP4
files. (See my post "Requesting a sink pad from a muxer in the
"new-decoded-pad" callback?" for more details).

It works well, but not all metadata from the original file is copied
into the output file. One of the missing tags is the language code. Is
there some incompatibility between WMV and MP4 tags that causes the
data to be lost?

I have been trying to find a way to set the tags myself but it can't
figure out how to associate tags and their corresponding streams. I
get the tags in the GST_MESSAGE_TAG callback, and the streams in the
"new-decoded-pad" callback. The order in which the tags are received
does not seem to be the same as the order in which the streams are
decoded.

Can someone recommend me a workaround?

Grts,
Francis