[gst-devel] Capturing audio on Windows?

Francis Rammeloo francis.rammeloo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:01:53 CET 2010

I'm having some trouble finding an element that is capable of
capturing the built-in microphone on my laptop (it's a Macbook Pro
running Windows 7). I have tried using the dshowaudiosrc element like
this:

    gst-launch-0.10 dshowaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink

Which results in the error:

    dshowaudiosrc gstdshowaudiosrc.c:636:gst_dshowaudiosrc_open: Can't
create an instance of the directshow fakesink (error=-2147221164)

FYI: I have exact the same problem when I want to use the
dshowvideosrc for capturing the webcam, but that not an issue because
I can use the ksvideosrc element instead.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? Alternative solutions would be
welcome too.

Grts,
Francis