[gst-devel] Capturing audio on Windows?

Francis Rammeloo francis.rammeloo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:23:26 CET 2010

2010/1/28 Andoni Morales <ylatuya at gmail.com>:
> 2010/1/27 Francis Rammeloo <francis.rammeloo at gmail.com>:
>> I'm having some trouble finding an element that is capable of
>> capturing the built-in microphone on my laptop (it's a Macbook Pro
>> running Windows 7). I have tried using the dshowaudiosrc element like
>> this:
>>
>>    gst-launch-0.10 dshowaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink
>>
>> Which results in the error:
>>
>>    dshowaudiosrc gstdshowaudiosrc.c:636:gst_dshowaudiosrc_open: Can't
>> create an instance of the directshow fakesink (error=-2147221164)
> In  WinBuilds we still use the old directshow plugin, the version
> before Julien's refactoring, as the new one doesn't work anymore (BTW,
> I should fill a bug for that).
> The fakesink filter is implemented in libgstdhow-0.10.dll , which
> should be registered automatically. Can you successfully run 'regsvr32
> c:\gstreamer\bin\libgstdshow-0.10.dll'?

Yes, that works. In case anyone else reading this: cmd has to be
launched as admin or else you'll get error code 0x80070005.

I verified that it works with this pipeline (produces audio-feedback):
gst-launch-0.10 dshowaudiosrc device-name="Microfoon (Cirrus Logic
CS4206A" ! queue ! directsoundsink sync=false

For some reason autoaudiosink doesn't work here, but that's not an issue for me.

Thanks, my work is unstalled now.