[gst-devel] How to choose a videosink ?

Nicolas Bertrand nico at inattendu.org
Fri Jan 29 06:17:18 CET 2010

Hi
I am developping an application under ubuntu karmic (and lucid) written
in python.

I need to display a webcam output.

I have choosen to display it with xvvideosink , with no particular
reasons (arbitrary choice ).

Now I notice, it does not always with all video cards or configuration :
I have the error 'Resource busy or not available. :Could not initialise
Xv output' and xvinfo tell no ports available.

So , I think to used another videosink , like ximagesink, autovideosink,
or gconfvideosink , etc ...

But what is the 'strategy' or the way to choose a videosink ?
I don't know wich parameters i have to take in account foe select a
videosink for ubuntu configuration.

I just tried with ximagesink, who only a part of the live capture is
displayed.
With  autovideosink, and gconfvideosink , the display is correct.

But how to choose one ?

Thanks in advance

Nico
https://launchpad.net/~nico-inattendu