[gst-devel] What's the policy of playbin2 to handle multiple subtitle sources?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 08:00:45 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 10:48 +0800, Chen, Jacob wrote:
> Hi here,
>

> I’m using Playbin2 to make a video player, I found that when playing a
> video file like mkv which contains with subtitle, the subtitle will be
> displayed automatically, but in this case if I assign an external to
> suburi,
>
> Only external subtitle will be displayed. Is this correctly on
> playbin2? What’s the policy to handle subtitle displaying like this
> case?

You have to select the subtitles that should be played by setting the
current-text property. To get information (e.g. language) about
the different subtitle streams you can use the get-text-tags and
get-text-pad action signals.

The order of the subtitle streams as exposed by playbin2 has no real
meaning, the first ready-to-displayed subtitle gets number 0, the next
number 1, etc. This could be different every time