[gst-devel] will playbin display the subtitle as the format which defined in .smi ?

Chen, Jacob jacob.chen at intel.com
Mon Jul 5 05:44:19 CEST 2010

Hi here,

.smi (SAMI) is a standard XML based subtitle format that WMP and others use. It uses HTML, so when I use it with WMP, the subtitle will be displayed as it's defined in the .smi. I tried .smi with playbin, playbin displays the subtitle text correctly but it seems playbin won't display the subtitle as the format which defined in the .smi. Is there anyone know, does playbin handle the format which defined in the .smi?

Thanks,
Jacob