[gst-devel] mov unfinished

thiagossantos at gmail.com thiagossantos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 14:08:50 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Overkill <overkill.shining at tiscali.it>wrote:

> > What pipeline is used?

> To record the .avi file
>
> gst-launch -v my_embedded_v4lsrc ! \
>  my_embedded_264enc width=720 height=400 \
>    name=video \
>  alsasrc ! \
>  audio/x-raw-int,rate=16000,channels=2,width=16,depth=16,signed=true ! \
>  queue name=audio \
>  avimux name=mux ! \
>  filesink location=test.avi \
>  video.src ! mux.video_0 \
>   audio.src ! mux.audio_0

You should be using the --eos-on-shutdown (or simply -e) here to allow the
muxer to properly finish the file.

>  -------------------------------------------------
> To made the mov with ffmux_mov,
> i made an avi_to_ff.sh
> Call avi_to_ff.sh <avifile>
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> of=`ls "$1" | sed s/.avi/_ff.mov/`
>
> echo "playing $1"
> echo "Making $of"
>
> gst-launch -v filesrc blocksize=131250 location=$1 \
>  ! avidemux name=dmx \
>  ffmux_mov name=mux ! filesink location="$of" \
>  dmx.video_00 ! queue ! mux.video_0 \
>  dmx.audio_00 ! queue ! mux.audio_0

> To made the mov with qtmux,
> i made an avi_to_qt.sh
> Call avi_to_qt.sh <avifile>
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> of=`ls "$1" | sed s/.avi/_qt.mov/`
>
> echo "playing $1"
> echo "Making $of"
>
> gst-launch -v filesrc blocksize=131250 location=$1 \
>  ! avidemux name=dmx \
>  qtmux name=mux ! filesink location="$of" \
>  dmx.video_00 ! queue ! mux.video_00 \
>  dmx.audio_00 ! queue ! mux.audio_00
>

> I'm using an embedded hardware, that's why I use my_embedded v4lsrc and
> 264enc.
> The simulation with PC using videotestsrc and x264enc is working fine.
> So I suppose some (missed?) information out of my encoder that ffmux_mov
> can
> rebuild while qtmov not. But it's only my humble opinion....

You could check at the mp4 specs for the avcC atom syntax, that's where
mp4mux puts the 'codec_data' field from the caps. And then compare what your
encoder produces with what x264enc does.

Otherwise you can open a bug in bugzilla.gnome.org with the input from your
hardware elements and describe this problem over there.

To get the input you can use gdppay element in something like:

gst-launch my_embedded_v4l2src num-buffers=50 ! my_embedded_264enc ! gdppay
! filesink location=input.gdp

> Thanks a lot
>
> ***** By The Overkill !!! *****

Thiago Sousa Santos