[gst-devel] GStreamer for massive real-time voice chat

Stefan Schindler stefan at boxbox.org
Fri Jul 9 22:30:02 CEST 2010

Greetings,

for a large network that makes massive use of voice communication I'm currently doing some research for a new system that replaces the current one, namely a set of TeamSpeak servers.

What I need are basically clients that transmit voice and a server that routes that data to other clients.

TeamSpeak is too restrictive here and doesn't allow us to extend it (closed). Mumble/Murmur could be an alternative, but we need so many new features that we decided to go from scratch.

So my question is basically if GStreamer would be the library that could make things easier. I'm not looking for finished client/server software, just to make that clear.

Is RTP useful for such areas?

Sorry if this mail is maybe not specific enough, but I hope you get the idea. ;) If anyone has tips or questions, I'd love to hear them.

Best regards,
Stefan Schindler.